SLOW COOKER ASIAN SESAME CHICKEN
Slow cooker asian sesame chicken is an easy, 4 ingredient chicken recipe that's made in the slow cooker for a simple, dump & go dinner recipe.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup asian sesame seed salad dressing (I use the Kraft brand)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 packet (1 oz) onion soup mix
- chopped green onions & sesame seeds, for garnish
- Spray slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Lay chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the Asian sesame salad dressing, apricot preserves, and onion soup mix packet. Stir together with a fork and pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-7 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice (brown or white), or quinoa. Drizzle with sauce from the slow cooker and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- The calorie count is for one chicken breasts + 1 cup white rice.
- Use any brand of Asian sesame salad dressing. I normally just get the Kraft brand but my grocery store was out.
- I've used light dressing and regular and both work just fine. If you're worried about sugar content use some sugar-free apricot preserves. You will find the apricot preserves by the jams and jellies.
- The onion soup mix box comes with 2 packets inside. Only use one packet. Not both.