RECIPE: SLOW COOKER SPINACH-ARTICHOKE DIP
- about 1 quart; serves 12
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and coarsely chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and green parts, from 2 to 3 scallions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- Crackers, baguette slices, crostini, or crudite, for serving
- Coat the insert of a 3- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Squeeze the excess moisture from the spinach and place in the slow cooker. Add the artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan, scallions, garlic, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Scatter the cream cheese evenly over the spinach mixture. Cover and cook on the HIGH setting until heated through and bubbling around the edges, about 2 hours.
- Uncover, add the lemon zest, and stir to incorporate the cream cheese. The dip is ready to be served and can be left covered on the WARM setting for up to 2 hours.
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The dip is also delicious served cold.