OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE COBBLER
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cobbler
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add in milk, butter and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar and remaining cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Pour boiling water on top. Do not mix!
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.