NUTELLA STUFFED DEEP DISH CHOCOLATE CHIP SKILLET COOKIE
Buttery and gooey on the inside, crispy and golden on the outside, Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie will have you weak at the knees begging for more! There's nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven, especially one that is oozing with chocolate hazelnut Nutella. Every bite melts in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g) buttersoftened
- 1/2 cup (3.5oz/100g) lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (3oz/90g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (3.5oz/130g) flour (all purpose or plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (75g) dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips,
- 1/2 cup (150g) nutella melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread!)
- Preheat oven to 350° F | 175°C. Line a 9" cast iron skillet (or pie dish) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Whisk in the egg until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in half of the chocolate chips and spoon 1/2 the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds until it becomes thinner in consistency.
- Spread the Nutella over the cookie dough in the skillet evenly to 1-inch of the edges. Top with remaining cookie dough, smoothing the layer with the back of a metal spoon (and your fingers if you need to). Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes for a gooey cookie, or cover after 30 minutes with aluminium foil and bake for a further 10 minutes for a 'set' cookie. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.