CAPRESE CHICKEN RECIPE
Caprese Chicken Recipe is an easy dinner recipe that turns boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a delicious 30 minute meal!
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 1 pound total
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 cloves garlic minced
1 cup grape tomatoes halved
3 tablespoons torn fresh basil divided
4 slices fresh mozzarella
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook until golden and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to skillet, and stir to combine.
- Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes. and season with salt.
- Let tomatoes simmer until soft, 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in half basil.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Top with mozzarella, and cover to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and sprinkle with remaining basil before serving.
adapted from : https://www.ihearteating.com/caprese-chicken-recipe/