BAKED HONEY BBQ POPCORN CHICKEN
This crunchy, saucy, and crowd pleasing baked honey BBQ popcorn chicken is the easiest appetizer or bite-sized dinner you can make!
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
5 cups (140g) corn flakes cereal, crushed lightly
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 large eggs
¼ cup (60ml) milk
Easy Honey BBQ Sauce
3/4 cup (222g) your favorite BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays Original)
1/4 cup (80g) honey
1/4 cup (68g) ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place the bite-sized pieces of chicken in a large bowl. Add flour and stir to coat each piece. Set aside.
- Place the corn flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika into a large bowl. Set aside. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- This next step gets your hands a little messy so have paper towels nearby. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off. Then generously roll in the cornflake mixture, shaking off any excess. Place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken bites.
- Bake for 18 minutes, flipping once at the 9-10 minute mark. (During this time, I make the sauce in step 6.) Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Carefully place the chicken bites into a large bowl. Pour the warm honey BBQ sauce on top and gently stir to coat. Serve warm. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat in the microwave until warmed through.